1. Procedures: The applicant must submit two copies of the followings:
- Application form for certificate of Vietnamese Nationality (Click here to download form TP/QT-1999-D.1 Word or PDF). This form needs to be completely filled out with precision of the applicant's purpose while applying for Vietnamese nationality. One latest colour picture (3 x 4 cm) must be glued on the form;
- Copy of valid Vietnamese ID or passport (the original may be required for reference) or;
- Certified copy of one of the followings (only for reference):
- Decision of competent authority for vietnamese citizenship;
- Decision on recognition of adoptions for children who are foreigners;
- Certificate of citizen registration issued by the Vietnamese Diplomatic and Consular mission;
- Family Registration book;
- Latest voter's card;
- Birth Certificate (enclosed the document proving his/her parent's nationality;
- Without the mentioned above documents, the applicant must submit an Affidavit in which, he/she provides the information about his/her date of birth, place of birth, present address; his/her parent's name, age, nationality and present address. This affidavit needs to be witnessed for by at least two physical persons and to be certified by the vietnamese competent authority. The applicant can also submit a competed CV (click here to download form TP/QT-1999-C2a Word or PDF). One latest colour picture (4x6cm) must be glued onto the form;
2. Fees: All the fees are collected in US funds. Payments can be made by cash, money order, bank draft, payable to "The Embassy of Vietnam" or Credit card (Visa or Master card only). Click HERE to download the credit card charge form (Please be aware that 3% of total amount will be automatically charged for credit card transaction fee).
- In case applying in person at the Embassy, the copy of the applicant's ID or passport is NOT required to be notarized by a notary public. Otherwise, the original must be shown for reference.
- If you request to have the documents returned by mail, please provide full name of the recipient, a detailed mailing address (with postal code) and a telephone/cellphone number. The documents will be shipped by Fedex service (next day delivery, fee: USD 35.00/package) or Canada post service (2-3 business days, USD 25.00/package).
Due to the delayed delivery of Canada Post, Fedex service is recommended for urgent document shipping.
Embassy of Vietnam
55 Mackay St., Ottawa, ON K1M 2B2
- Certificate of Vietnamese Nationality is valid for 6 months since the date of issuance.