A Vietnamese Birth Certificate is granted to a child:
- born of two married Vietnamese citizens,
- one of the parents is a Vietnamese citizen and the other is a stateless person
- mother is a Vietnamese citizen and father is unknown
- Photocopies of the parents’ passports.
- Certified true copy of marriage certificate
- Certified true copy of birth record by the hospital
- For a child born of a Vietnamese citizen and a foreign citizen, the foreign parent needs to submit an Agreement on child's nationality stating his/her acceptance that the child may carry Vietnamese citizenship (click here to download the Agreement form).
Processing Time: 05 working days, excluding the posting time.
FEES: could be paid by Money Order, Bankdraft or Credit cards (visa or master card only) payable to "Embassy of Vietnam". Should you require more in-depth information, please contact our Consular service at 613-236-0772/Ext.221 during working hours.
CERTAIN CONSULAR SERVICES ARE NOT PROVIDED BY THE EMBASSY, INCLUDING:
Duplicate Birth Certificate (for those who were born in Viet Nam and their original birth certificates were not issued by the Embassy)
The address of the EMBASSY OF VIETNAM:
55 MACKAY STREET
Please call: 613-236-0772/Ext.21 or contact through the fax number: 613-236-2704 for more information.